Join our 21 bed 'Silver' Level Beacon unit that provides care to the following patient populations:
- Multi-System Organ Dysfunction
- Cardiac Arrest, including Therapeutic Temperature Management
- Critical Condition(s) with Underlying Psychiatric Component
- Respiratory Failure
- Hepato-Renal Disease
- Acute Kidney Failure requiring Renal Replacement Therapy
- CVA w/ post-thrombolytic therapy and/or mechanical thrombectomy
The Nursing Unit Director coordinates clinical and administrative activities on the unit to ensure the provision of high quality care. The Nursing Unit Director works in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and has 24/7 accountability for planning and operations of the assigned unit. Demonstrates clinical proficiency in current practice and knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards of nursing practice. Implements sound business and human resources management plans.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for unit management.
- Develops, monitors and evaluates personnel, operations and capital budgets.
- Identifies and implements value enhancement opportunities.
- Advocates for resources essential to support quality care and service.
- Engages direct care staff in analyzing data to guide budget development and monitoring of resource allocation.
- Demonstrates effective human resource management.
- Manages the annual goal setting and performance evaluation process.
- Manages work performance and behavior of staff; implements timely performance improvement plans and steps for corrective action.
- Provides positive feedback to staff for exceptional performance and accomplishments.
- Fosters an environment of professional growth for staff and self.
- Ensure new employee receive a quality orientation program. Supports the transition of the graduate nurse to clinical practice through nurse residency participation and mentoring by unit colleagues.
- Creates an environment that promotes clinical inquiry and value for professional development.
- Creates an environment that supports and welcomes student clinical learning experiences.
- Supports ongoing development of unit preceptors and involvement of staff in teaching activities.
- Ensures staff accountability for competency validation, compliance with mandatory education and continuing education. Promotes certification, academic advancement and participation in the career advancement program.
- Is a role model for professional growth and development through personal commitment to lifelong learning.
- Possesses clinical knowledge and skills that enable identification and evaluation of clinical issues, maintains active membership in a professional organization and supports activities that promote the health and well-being of the community.
- Ensures the provision of care meets all quality and regulatory standards.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure quality services are provided to patients and utilizes research and benchmark data to ensure efficiency of operations and services.
- Develops, implements and monitors unit based goals that are in line with organizational and departmental goals in relation to service and quality.
- Manages staffing and scheduling to ensure unit runs safely and efficiently.
- Integrates key elements of the performance improvement program into daily work activities for self and staff. Drives unit based performance improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates the values of Tower Health's Culture of Excellence and supports and manages all patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Monitors and updates staffing plan based on unit needs, organizational expectations and benchmark data.
- Recruits qualified employees who embrace the organizational core values, service excellence standards and mission.
- Creates a healthy work environment that fosters staff engagement, satisfaction and retention.
#LI Qualifications Education Requirements
Certification and Licensure
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree: Bachelors of Science in Nursing or Non-Nursing Bachelor's degree with a MSN or Doctoral degree in Nursing
- Must have an ICU background
- Leadership experience is preferred
- BLS Certification
- Certification in area of specialty or management as soon as eligible
- PA Registered Nurse License