Overview Unit Description
Enjoy your nursing career on a 33-bed Adult Med/Surg unit that provides care to adult and geriatric medical patients. R3E works closely with the Hospitalist physicians and the Hildreth Teaching Service Residents. Patients are commonly admitted for a multitude of different medical diagnosis ranging from infections, COPD, Pneumonia, sepsis, gastrointestinal complications, substance abuse withdrawal, diabetic complications and more.
R3E is a high quality professional interdisciplinary team who builds relationships through the delivery of compassionate care while demonstrating nursing excellence in a patient/family centered environment through communication, autonomy and accountability.Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Magnet Status
- Level l trauma
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizent Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more! Join now and receive a $10,000 Sign on bonus! Must have 18 months + of experience. DON'T MISS OUT ! Responsibilities Job Expectations:
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Positions reports to the Unit Director.
#LI Qualifications Education Requirements
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- TPP needed if do not have license
- PA Registered Nurse License
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills