Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is the region's premier physician-directed, multi-specialty group of health care professionals who participate with Tower Health in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of health care professionals and our communities.
Inspired by passionate leadership, driven by innovation and enabled by technology that seamlessly connects providers and the population whose wellness they promote, THMG will be the region's multi-specialty healthcare group of choice for patients, providers, staff and the region's employers, delivering both high quality and value; a leader in clinical education and research.
- Respect for all individuals and benefits of teamwork.
- A culture of enthusiasm, pride and optimism.
- Relationships based on integrity, trust and compassion.
- Initiative and flexibility to define our future
- Commitment to access and superior service
- Providing integrated care that is efficient, cost effective and of high quality.
Medical assistant (MA) is positioned within the workforce to gather, screen, communicate and act based on delegation from a provider, registered nurse or Licensed Practical nurse as per scope of practice. The MA performs a combination of clerical and direct patient care duties. Clerical responsibilities include greeting patients, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and updating patients electronic medical record (EMR). Clinical responsibilities include rooming patients, taking medical histories, performing and recording vital signs, preparing exam room for procedures, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, facilitation of patient flow through the office, and assisting the Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant during examinations. Qualifications Education Requirements
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary Medical Assistant program recognized by United States Department of Education (USDE) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- BLS Certification
- Current Medical Assistant Certification awarded through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills