Entrust your family's health to the caring experts in Tower Health Medical Group
. With nearly 700 primary care and specialty providers at 75 locations in southeastern Pennsylvania, we offer almost any service you need, close to home. Count on us for convenient, high-quality care at every stage of life.
From cardiology to wound healing, you'll find a full range of medical services for children and adults. Get your care at one of dozens of locations in your area, including offices with convenient evening and weekend hours. Responsibilities
Designated surgery scheduler and triage nurse to support all surgeries. This position will also be responsible for overseeing the Medical Assistants (MA) and assist with completing prior authorizations for test, studies and other administrative functions. This position will also be responsible performing MA functions when needed, answer phone encounters and deal with patient issues. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education for LPN:
- Schedule and coordinate all surgeries with physician, OR staff, patient and practice.
- Assist in Medical Assistant duties when required
- Oversee medical assistance clinical skill and ensure all Tower Health clinical requirements are met.
- Provides administrative and clinical support to Physicians, Office Manager and other healthcare providers for the specific department that the LPN Clinic employee is working in.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to patient; acquires the history of the patient injury and or progress since last appointment and performs necessary preparation of the patient for the examining provider.
- Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
- The LPN is responsible for interfacing with patients regarding medical problems pre and post surgery; may collect data on the heath status of the patient, for the identification of health goals.
- In addition, the LPN will provide verbal and written communication to designated employer representatives and perform ancillary testing, including but not limited to urine drug collections, breath alcohol screens, pulmonary function tests, and phlebotomy.
- May need to schedule and register patients and enter necessary data entry for charging purposes and triage phone calls from patients regarding clinical questions and concerns.
- Employment location may dictate position responsibility for implementation of OSHA guidelines and maintaining clinical office supplies.
Licenses/Certificates for LPN:
- Graduate from approved school of practical nursing
Education for CMA:
- Current LPN licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Valid Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
Licenses/Certificates for CMA:
- Graduate from accredited Medical Assisting school
Education for PSR:
- Certified or Registered Certified Medical Assistant.
- Valid Healthcare Provider CPR certification required
- High School Graduate or GED