Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is the region's premier physician-directed, multi-specialty group of health care professionals who participate with Tower Health in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of health care professionals and our communities.
Inspired by passionate leadership, driven by innovation and enabled by technology that seamlessly connects providers and the population whose wellness they promote, THMG will be the region's multi-specialty healthcare group of choice for patients, providers, staff and the region's employers, delivering both high quality and value; a leader in clinical education and research.
- Respect for all individuals and benefits of teamwork.
- A culture of enthusiasm, pride and optimism.
- Relationships based on integrity, trust and compassion.
- Initiative and flexibility to define our future
- Commitment to access and superior service
- Providing integrated care that is efficient, cost effective and of high quality.
The Medical Assistant administers and performs triage and direct care to assigned patients under the direction and supervision of the RN/Nurse Manager. This includes functions such as height/weight and vital signs, updating medical records, as well as assisting the clinicians with exams as requested. Also ensures a smooth flow of patients through the office by providing efficient basic care to patients. The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office running smoothly. The Medical Assistant also performs secretarial support for the office, assist the front desk operations in performing general clerical tasks, such as checking patients in and out, filing, copying, answering the phone, and related duties as requested by the Practice Manager. Qualifications Education Requirements
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary Medical Assistant program recognized by United States Department of Education (USDE) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- BLS Certification
- Current Medical Assistant Certification awarded through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills