Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is the region's premier physician-directed, multi-specialty group of health care professionals who participate with Tower Health in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of health care professionals and our communities.
Inspired by passionate leadership, driven by innovation and enabled by technology that seamlessly connects providers and the population whose wellness they promote, THMG will be the region's multi-specialty healthcare group of choice for patients, providers, staff and the region's employers, delivering both high quality and value; a leader in clinical education and research.
- Respect for all individuals and benefits of teamwork.
- A culture of enthusiasm, pride and optimism.
- Relationships based on integrity, trust and compassion.
- Initiative and flexibility to define our future
- Commitment to access and superior service
- Providing integrated care that is efficient, cost effective and of high quality.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for:
Qualifications Education Requirements
- Patient registration
- Customer service
- Clerical support
- Accepting, recording and verifying insurance information
- Processing preauthorization requests
- Collecting copays and account balance payments
- Scanning documents into EMR and other administrative tasks related to the efficient operations of the department
- Incumbents must ensure contact with patients, families, the community, vendors, coworkers and physicians is carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner
- The Patient Services Representative is also expected to complete other responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner as needed or assigned
Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 2 year / Associate Degree (Preferred)
- 1 or more years of experience verifying insurance and collecting patient demographic information
- 1 or more years of experience using an electronic medical record and billing system
- 1 or more years of experience working in a healthcare related field or position
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong clerical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong computer navigation skills
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to utilize multi-line telephone systems,
- Ability to multi-task
- Work under stress
- Work independently and accomplish daily activities with little supervision
- Organized and detail oriented