Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives. Responsibilities
Looking for an experienced, Certified Medical Assistant to assist with telephone triage, scheduling of appointments, assist physicians with patient tasks. This would be a position mainly for front office, with occasional transition to Medical Assistant duties.
- Answer telephones, triage calls, schedule appointments, check-in/check out, etc
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program
- Demonstrated ability to navigate computer systems
- Ability to prioritize, manage time productively and organize
- Knowledge of Electronic Health/Medical Records
- Valid Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Current American Heart Association for Healthcare Provider CPR is required