Provides overall organization and coordination of educational and Quality Improvement/Quality Control activities within all Perioperative Services areas. Provides supervision, education, and clinical training to all Perioperative Service positions and ensures competency, continuing education, and professional development for staff. Communicates and collaborates with other healthcare team members. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, regulatory/accrediting body requirements, and professional practice standards. Care will be provided to patients of all ages from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult to geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited program for nursing education, BSN required.
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS) certification is required.
- Current certification for the American Heart Association (AHA) and Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor certification are required within one year.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider certification required, ACLS Instructor certification preferred.
- PALS is required or obtained within one year of hire.
- CNOR required or willing to obtain within two years of hire.
- A minimum of 3-years of O.R. experience.
- Prior experience in a nurse educator role preferred.