As Senior Network Engineer, you will join a solid team that supports a large and growing multi-location, infrastructure of over 5000 network switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless and other data circuits through out the health system. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for project leadership and a technical capacity for the design/engineering, operation, security and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/MAN/WLAN network.
This position involves occasional travel to other Tower Health hospitals and an on call rotation.
Partial remote is available, but you will need to be on campus several days per week at Reading Hospital in West Reading, PA. Relocation is offered if applicable/desired. Responsibilities
Your contributions will include:
- Day -to-day and long-term analysis and support for routers, swi tches, wireless, firewalls, VPN concentrators, intrusion detection systems, proxy servers and other network equipment.
- Network design, installation, and maintenance with a focus on optimal performance, reliability, timeliness and minimal user disruption.
- Working closely with others within Network Infrastructure and providing third-tier technical sup port to various departments and users with regard to the network and/or security infrastructure.
- Having a holistic understanding of IT operations within an organization both from an IT and non-IT perspective.
- Serving as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers.
- Assisting management with budgeting and planning.
- Maintaining awareness of new/alte rnate technologies and presenting those of potential value to management for consideration.
- Assuming respons ibility for group management if Network Manager is not available and so delegated by the Network Manager.
- Provide guidance and instruction to network technicians relating to technical issues/disciplines.
#LI Qualifications Education
: High school diploma/GED required. Associate's degree in IT Networking preferred. Certifications
: CCNP or CCNA a plus Experience:
- At least 4-5 Years of IT LAN/WAN/MAN networking experience including routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco equipment required. Relevant experience in a healthcare setting is a plus.
- Experience with designing and supporting the network in a large, multi-location environment.
- Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocols, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies, WAN technologies, Internet, VLANs, DNS/DHCP, VPNs, NAT (network address translation), IP telephony, and firewalls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate complex technical items through all levels of IT.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Possess problem solving skills, including conceptual and analytical thinking, to research technical issues and develop solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.