A 30 bed unit specialized in intermediate care of medical, neurosurgical and trauma patients located within the state of the art HealthPlex. This unit offers a variety of clinical experiences and will be the location for our established ventilator patients. The nurse patient ratio is 1:3 and this unit has been the organizational leader in piloting video-monitoring.For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $15,000 RN Sign-On Bonus!
Minimum 18 months of relevant clinical experience required.
Must be in a 0.6FTE
Why Reading Hospital?
Level I Trauma Center
Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Weekend Only Positions enjoy the below!
- Weekend Night shift: Friday and Saturdays from 7pm-7:30am
- 10% Shift differential
- $2.50 weekend differential
- $10.00hr paid on all hours worked on the weekend
- Benefit eligible
Qualifications 6 months-1 year exp needed for weekend positionsEducation Requirements
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Certification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- PA Registered Nurse License