The Histotechnologist, under general supervision, is responsible for preparing microscopic slides for diagnostic purposes, performing diagnostic tests, maintaining laboratory equipment and records, providing instruction and is a resource to others. Incumbents must possess a working knowledge and theory of histologic techniques Immunohistochemistry and Special Stain techniques and histology automation; must also have an excellent knowledge of the AP LIS system. Qualifications Education Requirements
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- 2 year/Associate Degree or combination of relevant education & experience may be considered in lieu of Associate's Degree
- Non-traditional routes to established skill level may be accepted after a review of education and experience.
- ASCP-HT (must be obtained within one year of hire)
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills