Overview Tower Health
is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people . Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members , Tower Health includes Reading Hospital
, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital
in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital
, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital
in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital
in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital
in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation
at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences,
& we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives. Responsibilities Registered Nurse - Senior Behavioral Health
Qualifications Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with PA RN license
- Minimum one year of acute care nursing experience preferred
- Current BLS certification
- BSN highly prefered
- Geri-psych, Psych, or mental health experience HIGHLY preferred
- Weekends and holidays on rotation
- Must be a team player with good communication skills.