The Warehouse Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all warehouse activities on a daily basis including shipping and receiving of customer products consistent with Company objectives under the direction of the Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate unloading of inbound shipments, stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity
· Ensure efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment
· Assist in establishment of work schedules
· Ensure implementation of work schedules and effective assignment of job duties for efficient completion
· Maintain product locator and ensure optimal utilization of space
· Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
· Ensure cleanliness of work area through efficient housekeeping
· Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety
· Direct the operations of work teams to achieve objectives
· Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate manner
· Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories
· Maintain area of responsibility to strict Sunland Logistics Solutions and customer sanitation standards
· Other duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities as directed by the Supervisor in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work of forklift drivers, team leaders and other warehouse personnel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Experience in warehouse supervision or equivalent experience
· Broad knowledge of warehouse operations
· Knowledge of proper chemical handling & distribution.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts
· Ability to interpret technical documents
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Good computer skills (Microsoft Office operations)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College degree or High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1-3 years of experience in warehouse environment/lead or management experience is a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Possess or have ability to become forklift certified
· South Carolina Drivers License or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents, including protocols, standard operating procedures, customer orders, and pick tickets.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through out the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the warehouse areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and foot protection. The employee is frequently exposed to hot, humid, and cold conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level is moderate
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.