The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the total supply chain for customer product lines. Employee has overall accountability for capacity planning, distribution center and warehouse inventory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Logistics Manager performs the following tasks:
· Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
· Negotiate and obtain agreement and approval for all contracts regarding pricing and services: Transportation rates, freight bill audit/coding/payment requirements, on-site traffic coordinators, Tracking /tracing.
· Plan, organize, and execute logistics support activities such as maintenance planning, repair analysis, and test equipment recommendations.
· Decide the carriers and types of transportation modes used to move Company products shipped from domestic vendors to dealers, to Company warehouse locations, and between and from Company warehouse locations to dealers.
· Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
· Work closely with sales to link forecasts to purchasing and inventory management. Identify areas for cost reductions and implement strategies for cost reduction and containment.
· Report project plans, progress, and results.
· Accountable for annual targets to control freight expenses within established boundaries.
· Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
· Develop proposals that include documentation for estimates.
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Communication and people skills.
· Negotiation skills and be able to multitask
· Knowledge of domestic transportation laws, etc.
· Knowledge of traffic and freight management
· Familiar with claims processing
· Ability to prepare freight analysis in weights, truck loads, less than truck loads
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, computer skills
· Worked for or with a 3PL provider
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management preferred, working experience in domestic logistics is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Drivers License or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents, including protocols, standard operating procedures, customer orders, and financial statements. Ability to communicate in writing to management
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The employee may be required to walk primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through out the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally be exposed to hot, humid, and cold conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level is low when in an office environment, moderate to loud in warehouses. Sitting for long periods at a desk are regular.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The performance of this position is conducted in usual office working conditions, at a desk in a climate controlled office. The performance of this position might also require exposure to the warehouse areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and foot protection.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.