The CSR is primarily responsible for providing outstanding customer service and operational oversight for Sunland Logistics Solutions, Inc. customers by utilizing highly, in depth knowledge of customer products, procedures and processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Service Representative performs to the following tasks:
· Control and authority over all aspects of inventory and order management
· Handle all crisis resolutions
· Manage inventory control and quality assurance for customer products
· Direct control over traffic, IT and operational processes that affect a positive outcome in the area of customer service
· Establish rapport with customers and interact to ensure open communication for problem resolution
· Provide timely feedback to customers regarding service failures or any other concerns
· Exercise discretion in inventory situations to ensure orders are shipped complete
· Directs workflow of orders to Traffic and Operations Departments for timely shipment
· Address all customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
· Make decisions and dictate to Operations what priorities are and flow of work to be accomplished
· Handle all billing and collection issues
· Handle irate customers in a professional manner
· Obtain customer feedback
· Other duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, pick tickets, customer orders, procedure manuals, and requisitions
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts
· Ability to interpret technical documents
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Good computer skills (Microsoft Office operations)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years or more related experience in customer service, preferably 3rd party logistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Possess or have ability to become forklift certified
· Valid Driver’s License or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents, including protocols, standard operating procedures, customer orders, and pick tickets.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through out the day.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the warehouse areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and foot protection. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.