Overview About the Department:
Please join in nursing heroism as we define a new level of care. Congregate living is a unit for patients who are waiting administrative testing or would otherwise be discharged. It is a new model in the wake of the pandemic. Continuing the inpatient experience will be an important spirit in this applicant. Ratios are higher as patients are more independent in ADLs. For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering an RN Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 total payout , for new hires in select areas. To qualify, you must have at least 18 months of RN work experience. $3,000 payouts in 6, 12 and 18 months $1,000 in first check. Must maintain FTE of 0.6 or higher in a Bonus eligible unit. Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- At least 6 months of previous RN experience is strongly preferred