Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives Responsibilities
Qualifications Education Requirements
- REMOTE Position: The ED Coding Specialist reviews the patient's clinical documentation to assign the appropriate diagnoses, procedures, and injections/infusions.
- Assigns E/M levels for facility and professional emergency medicine services.
- Follows all ICD-10-CM, CPT, E/M coding guidelines to ensure compliance for accurate reimbursement, internal and external data reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Contacts providers as needed for clarification regarding the assignment of diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Documentation Specialist team to ensure appropriate clinical documentation within the patient's medical record to support the final coding process.
- Ensures established coding quality, productivity and process goals are met.
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Associate Degree: Health information Management, RHIT (Preferred)
Other Education: Nursing background (Preferred)Certification and Licensure Requirements
*Coding Certificate: CCS or CPC (Required)
*Healthcare Coding Certificate from AHIMA, AHIMA, AAPC or other credentialed program. (Required)Experience and Skills
*Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/phyiology and pathophysiology (Required)
*Emergency Medicine coding both professional and facility: ICD-10, CPT4, professional and facility E/M
levels, guidelines and regulatory requirements (Required)
*ICD-10 Experience (Required)
*Strong analytical and investigative skills in order to assign appropriate diagnostic, procedural and E/M level
codes for facility and professional coding/reimbursement (Required)
Required Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, basic computer skills and experience with
Microsoft office, experience with EHR, preferably Epic system and computerized coding systems