The Data Warehouse Architect will advance the Enterprise Analytics Roadmap to build out the data warehouse and provide direction on data modeling.
- Leads the evolution of the Data Warehouse Architecture, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise analytics, business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, management and executives within IT and the business to understand, advocate, and support the enterprise's business and Enterprise Analytics Roadmap.
- Supports the definition and elicitation of data warehouse strategy as an active participant in the Enterprise Analytics governance process.
- Supports (and in some cases leads) the identification and analysis of Enterprise Analytics business drivers to derive enterprise, information, technical and data warehouse architecture requirements.
- Leads the analysis of current Enterprise Analytics business and IT environments to detect critical deficiencies and recommend or facilitate the identification of solutions for improvement.
- Applies data warehouse architecture principles using conceptual logical and physical modeling tools to provide access to data to the enterprise.
- Leads or facilitates the analysis of industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise's data warehouse strategy and architecture requirements.
- Leads, facilitates and promotes Enterprise Analytics governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Promotes the data warehouse process, outcomes and results to the organization, which includes the enterprise's IT and business leaders.
The Data Warehouse Architect role is responsible for building scalable and robust enterprise architecture for the data warehouse environment and business intelligence applications to help the organization become data-driven.
- Working with business users on needs analysis, this position coordinates with BI Developers, DBA's and other IT staff to provide business solutions that conform to architectural, budgetary, and technology constraints.
- Develops enterprise standards and policies around data modeling, data quality and data profiling techniques to provide integration and consistency of data.
- Ensures the business strategy and any relevant trends are implemented according to the enterprise's analytics roadmap.
- Builds data models for the core data warehouse and troubleshoots issues with data quality, performance and business intelligence Applications.
- Provides feedback into and collaborates in the business strategy development process.
- Ensures the business strategy and analytics roadmap and impact are understood and acted upon.
- Articulates the desired future state, understands the current state, identifies the gaps between the two states and develops approaches to close these gaps
- Leads the effort to change, primarily by championing the change to elicit support, evolving the process of Data Warehouse Architecture so that it delivers value
- Develops the core Data Warehouse environment to ensure that the Data Warehouse Architecture outputs are used to bring about positive change through effective use of data.
- Ensures that all aspects of the Data Warehouse Architecture program are communicated effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree or combination of relevant education & experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- Track record of implementing an analytics program and setting technical direction for analytics.
- Proven experience building a data warehouse with healthcare data is required. Ideal candidates will have experience building a data warehouse in an Epic environment.
- Analytical and technical skills to build out data warehouse and data modeling with healthcare data required. Ideal candidates will have expertise with Epic BI tools.
- Bigger picture thinker with excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with BI team, operational leaders, and others at various levels of the organization to implement the program, including promoting the direction and setting policies around data use.
- Project management and leadership skills.