Enjoy your nursing career on a 27 bed medical respiratory unit caring for a diverse adult and geriatric cardiac population. Nurse to patient ratios are 5/6:1. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to insure delivery of quality nursing care. The nurse coordinates and implements quality patient care through an interdisciplinary team while utilizing knowledge of disease process and physical assessment. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition assistance/reimbursement, generous benefits and competitive compensation.Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizent Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more! Join now and receive a $10,000 Sign on bonus! $1,000 in your first check and then $3,000 payouts in 6, 12 and 18 months of employment. Must have 18 months + of experience. DON'T MISS OUT ! Responsibilities
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expect ed.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, required