Overview We believe in the power of people to create great care. Pottstown Hospital
is an acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
Provides supportive care to the Emergency Department patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse or physician.
Schedule: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Rotation Qualifications Education:
- Takes and documents vital signs, height, weight, I&O and performs other duties such as crutch training and splinting
- Transports patients as necessary
- Performs Medical Assistant duties, completes inventory and related stocking duties to support the function of the Emergency Department
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous pre-hospital or hospital experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in vital signs, phlebotomy, vision screening and EKG.
- Good communication skills and experience in interacting with patients and families.
- Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or EMT/Paramedic (Required).
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS) required.
- CPI within six months of hire