Overview Tower Health
is an innovative, leading health system dedicated to advancing the health and transforming the lives of the people we serve through compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screening and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.
Across our system, you'll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 25 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 3,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations. About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
With more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children combines top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties, including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Only Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
St. Christopher's is a teaching hospital helping to train the next generation of professionals in pediatric medicine through our competitive pediatric residency program and multiple subspecialty fellowship programs . Job Summary
As a pediatric consultation psychiatrist
, the incumbent will provide direct patient care, ensure the quality of the clinical service, and participate in assigned education and teaching activities in a large urban pediatric hospital.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a pediatric consultation psychiatrist for St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
- Provides direct clinical consultation services to children, adolescents and their families.
- Ensures that services are provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures that services are appropriate to patient need, both in quality and quantity
- Ensures that medical records are completed according to the policies, procedures and regulations set by the St. Christopher's Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws/THMG and any of the regional and national regulatory and/or accrediting bodies.
- Ensures that information required for billing for professional services is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Provides consultation to pediatric physicians and non-physician staff providing clinical services to children and youth at the St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
- Provides clinical coverage in the outpatient service when needed
- May work with the hospital to develop telepsychiatry program
- Participates in continuous quality improvement program for St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Participates in the clinical and didactic educational programs for undergraduate medical students.
- Participates in the clinical and didactic training program for residents in the child and adolescent psychiatry training program and in the general psychiatry training program.
- Participates in the clinical and didactic training program for residents in pediatrics.
- May participate in the development and implementation of research. May develop research protocols, collect pilot data and apply for extramural funding.
- Maintains confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the hospital and THMG
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by Department Chair.
Must be skilled in diagnostic evaluation and treatment of pediatric patients with behavioral, emotional and/or psychiatric disorders. Must be skilled in working with families with critical ill and/or dying children. Needs to have skills in a variety of individual, family and groups, psychosocial therapies and to be current in knowledge and skill with psychopharmacological interventions. Must have demonstrated record of administrative ability and good interpersonal skills. Experience in telepsychiatry is desirable. What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Malpractice Insurance
- 403b (matching) and 457b Retirement Plans
- CME time and money
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
- Currently we support J1 visa waivers
- H1B visas and green card sponsorship
St. Chris Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_HnssVJ1s&feature=youtu.beContact Name: Christopher David Contact Email: Christopher.David@towerhealth.org Contact Phone: 570-401-4510 Call or Text
- M.D. or D.O.
- Completion of residency in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry
- Must be Board eligible or certified. If Board eligible must be Board Certified within four years of being hired or have specific approval from THMG and Department leadership