Overview About the Department:
This 2 6 bed unit, specializes in the care of the general med surg population.
The nurses are telemetry trained and the orientation provides the education to give specialized care in these areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition assistance/reimbursement, generous benefits and competitive compensation.
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering an RN Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 total payout, for new hires in select areas. To qualify, you must have at least 18 months of RN work experience. $3,000 payouts in 6, 12 and 18 months $1,000 in first check. Must maintain FTE of 0.6 or higher in a Bonus eligible unit.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- At least 6 months of previous RN experience is strongly preferred