A Phlebotomist is responsible for performing phlebotomy, point of care testing on multiple platforms and EKG tracings. In addition, incumbents are expected to correctly identify patients, handle patient registration, maintain a working knowledge of both the laboratory and hospital information systems and tools, provide dispatching or coordinating of collections and perform procedures in a standardized, accurate manner with knowledge of the parameters of acceptability and critical limits.. Phlebotomists are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned.
ExperienceCertification and Licensure
- Post High School Diploma Program or combination of relevant education & experience may be considered in lieu of Post High School Diploma Program
- BLS Certification must be obtained within 60 days of hire date
- FIT Testing must be obtained within 60 days of hire date
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills