The Outpatient Scheduling Representative (OSR) is responsible for accurately coordinating and scheduling complex diagnostic procedures and obtaining pre-registration information, including demographics and insurance, as well as verifying and communicating authorization requirements. The OSR conducts physician office/patient interviews, collects clinical information in response to scheduling questions. The OSR explains hospital procedure guidelines and necessary patient preparations, and coordinates with clinical departments regarding protocols, STAT appointments, and modifications to normal scheduling protocols.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer Skills to include use and navigation
- Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Multi Line Telephone Operational Skills