Tower Health Urgent Care is the largest provider of urgent care services in the greater Philadelphia area, with locations across Chester, Montgomery, Bucks and Berks Counties, as well as one in Delaware. Each of our Urgent Care facilities is open 365 days a year and offers patients access to advanced, comprehensive care from 9 a.m. to 9.pm. Each location also offers on-site access to lab and imaging studies. At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Please note this position is for a float position throughout our South region.
- Orthopedic and Sports Injuries
- Medical illness
- Urgent Care
- Occupational Health
- Physical Exams
Why work at a TH Urgent Care?
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and match
- Claims-made malpractice insurance with full tail coverage
- Diversed learning opportunies
Provide competent care to patient population in accordance with Professional Nursing Laws, professional standards and within realm of personal knowledge and expertise while assuming responsibility and accountability for patient care. Operates under supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Performs initial triage assessment/data collection to identify care needs of the patient
- Anticipates patient’s needs related to patient presentation and implements intervention/treatments
- Formulates a directed plan of car that prescribes intervention to attain safe quality patient outcomes
- Implements care in a knowledgeable and skillful manner through adherence to contemporary evidence-based standards and within scope of practice
- Evaluates care delivery by assuring the patient is attaining desired outcomes or by identifying clinical issues that need to be re-addressed
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients and families
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; patient education with understanding of condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assist with training new staff.
- Other jobs and duties as assigned