Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is the region’s premier physician-directed, multi-specialty group of health care professionals who participate with Tower Health in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of health care professionals and our communities.
Inspired by passionate leadership, driven by innovation and enabled by technology that seamlessly connects providers and the population whose wellness they promote, THMG will be the region’s multi-specialty healthcare group of choice for patients, providers, staff and the region’s employers, delivering both high quality and value; a leader in clinical education and research.
- Respect for all individuals and benefits of teamwork.
- A culture of enthusiasm, pride and optimism.
- Relationships based on integrity, trust and compassion.
- Initiative and flexibility to define our future
- Commitment to access and superior service
- Providing integrated care that is efficient, cost effective and of high quality.
The Interventional Radiology department is looking for a enthusiastic hard-working medical assistant to perform a multitude of duties in the department.
- Will make daily preprocedural phone calls reminding patients of their procedures for the following day and ensuring that that they are holding the appropriate medications.
- Assist the scheduling staff in scheduling patients
- Will assist the physicians and APPs in care coordination of patients, especially intervention oncology patients, who require routine imaging, labs, follow-up appointments, and repeat procedures. The MA will be the primary point person for the patients to contact and facilitate their care.
- Administers and performs triage and direct care to assigned patients under the direction and supervision of the Nurse Manager or facilitating technologist.
- This includes functions such as height/weight and vital signs, updating medical records, as well as assisting the clinicians with exams as requested.
- Ensures a smooth flow of patients through the department by providing efficient basic care to patients.
- Performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the department running smoothly
- Performs secretarial support for the office, assist the front desk operations in performing general clerical tasks, such as checking patients in and out, filing, copying, answering the phone, and related duties as requested by the physicians, physician assistants and facilitators
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
- Computer knowledge
- Time management/organizational skills
- Knowledge of EHR Licenses/Certificates: Certified Medical Assistant required Current American Heart Association for Healthcare Provider CPR is required.