Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
This position is located at the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy, 420 South 5th Avenue West Reading, PA 19611
Click HERE to apply for this position.
The Pharmacy Technician assists with many aspects of prescription preparation, including collecting pertinent demographic information from patients, performing Rx data entry, answering telephone calls, accurately assembling prescriptions by counting tablets, measuring liquids, and labeling products, as well as ringing patient transactions through the register, and other tasks commonly encountered in a retail pharmacy or as delegated by the Pharmacist.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient’s prescriptions.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Submits receives and places inventory in stock.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with the reviews and handling of all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement co-pay and related financials and if needed as directed follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Intervenes with Pharmacy Benefit Manager Companies to resolve plan and patient specific adjudication issues.
- Supply and monitor ambulatory dispensing robotic technology.
Actively participates by delivering medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients as outlined by the concierge prescription program.
- Performs related duties as assigned
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Normally requires a minimum 2 years experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail and/or outpatient pharmacy experience
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) required. If not certified, certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel