Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for a UX Researcher and Designer in Columbus, Ohio.
Please attach a link to your portfolio in the resume that you submit to us.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Direct applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies, please.
Our client will consider candidates who can only work 100 percent remote as long as they currently reside in the Eastern time zone.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience using different research methods, including:
- Moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Stakeholder and user interviews
- Qualitative surveys
- Web instrumental tools to collect insights
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of research from research planning to presenting insights. This includes:
- Research planning
- Writing usability research screeners
- Writing discussion guides
- Translating user insights into actionable recommendations
- Building and presenting a story from insights in a clear and organized fashion.
- Must have a thorough research portfolio that illustrates:
- The design challenge
- The team with whom you collaborated
- The process used for research and recruiting
- Tools used
- How the data was collected and analyzed
- How you presented your insights
- Must attach a link to your portfolio in the resume that you submit
- Must currently reside in the Eastern time zone.
- Candidates local to Ohio are strongly preferred.
- Core interaction design skills with consumer facing apps and high productivity apps experience.
- Responsive design experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience creating low fidelity wireframes and flow diagrams.
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools - Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe design software suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- 5 plus years of professional design experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ready to hit the ground running and work independently.
- Must be comfortable with critique, collaboration, and co-authorship.
- Confident in individual expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Computer Science, E-Business or a design-related degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- UX experience within an Agile team process required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with UX content writing
- Information architecture experience
- Additional research experience: benchmarking, competitor analysis
- Experience working with developers
We are hiring a UX Researcher and Designer to work for us as a direct, W2 salaried or hourly employee, and the selected candidate will work on an engagement for our client. You will:
- Perform the functions that are listed in the required skills
- Research ideas, define user behaviors, and create supporting UX requirements for our client’s digital team. You will also research target audiences and goals, develop task and workflow models, and regularly analyze the competition.
- Regularly communicate with business team and product owners, technical teams, and users.
- Work with multiple teams to deliver designs iteratively
- Quickly learn and gather relevant information to guide design direction and create holistic visual design solutions that address business, brand and user requirements.
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, specifications, style guides, visual assets and other design deliverables.
- Clearly present and instruct teams on design vision and process.
- Integrate user testing feedback into designs and constantly learn about how users interact with products.
- Take designs from workflow diagrams to high-fidelity wireframes.
- Develop a UX research strategy for applications, web sites, and other digital products across multiple platforms, including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple teams and manage deadlines.
We’re inclusive; celebrate your role, grow in your position, feel the freedom to explore, trust the commitment, experience the opportunity. We’re growing, and we need great people to grow with us! Simply put, we’re enabled to hire the best. Our Project Delivery, Enterprise Support, Information Security, and Development Services practices are led by DTS consultants who help select our employees and then guide them. What’s in it for you? A collaborative, supportive environment where high standards, quality, and excellence are the norm.
It has an exciting Information Technology market, a reasonable cost of living, a low unemployment rate, and a strong quality of life! It’s the 14th-largest city in the United States and is home to fifteen (15) Fortune 1000 companies which are all very dependent on IT.
By building a clear sense of purpose and strong relationships within Dedicated Tech Services, the staff and leadership team can then aspire to be the technology service provider whose quality services set the standard by which others are measured and that our clients ask for by name.
In addition to the opportunity to work for a caring and supportive company, DTS offers health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan, bonus options, and more! Please visit our web site for more information: https://www.dtsdelivers.com
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer