Want to join a caring, supportive team in our enterprise IT PMO?
Mostly remote is available. Candidates who live within a drivable distance or are willing to relocate within a drivable distance are preferred. Relocation is offered.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management, and completion of IT projects for clinical, ancillary, and business systems across the health system. The Project Manager:
- Concurrently leads large, diverse, complex projects using established PMO methodology, processes, and tools.
- Uses experience and strong project management skills to manage scope and deliverables across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Partners closely with executives and stakeholders enterprise-wide to define scope and to collaborate on project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Contributes to the evolution of the PMO, collaborating with peers on opportunities for improvement of the standards, processes, or best practices.
- Maintains a client satisfaction, service delivery focus by effectively communicating project timeline, status, and action plans. Proactively identifies, communicates, and resolves issues that threaten the success of the project. Conducts formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary customer groups regarding their best practices and operational processes relevant to assigned projects. Project Managers may be focused in areas where specific subject matter expertise will be utilized.
- Provides thought leadership to add value related to project management, system implementations, and hospital/clinical applications or technologies.
- Monitors customer satisfaction to ensure projects meet stakeholder expectations. Maintains timely and accurate documentation in support of PMO operations.
- Provides mentoring to junior team members and assist in interviewing and on-boarding of new PMO members.
- Applications IT experience is required. Healthcare IT applications experience with clinical (inpatient), ambulatory, or revenue cycle projects is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of PM methodology, particularly waterfall, coupled with a process oriented mindset.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change and ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven experience communicating effectively in writing and verbally at all levels with a demonstrated ability to communication clearly, manage scope, and follow up diligently.
- Proven ability to listen to the needs of the customer, inspire key employees, effectively sell ideas and negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders, and develop amicable relationships with a wide range of different personalities at all levels. Independent relationship management and influencing without authority are key to success.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite required
In addition to the above, it’s a plus if you have any of the following:
- Experience with Epic, including upgrades
- PMP certification
- Experience with ServiceNow and SharePoint
- Experience with ServiceNow and ITIL Foundations