Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice. Currently, we are seeking a full time Rehabilitation Counselor to work in our Behavioral Health Services Division.
· To provide care and supervision of all assigned clients to ensure a safe, healthy, secure and pleasant environment, which promotes growth and development.
· To facilitate client growth and development toward independence in self-care, daily living skills, socialization and community living.
· To participate in the development of the individual service plans and related documentation.
· Receives direct supervision from an assigned Supervisor.
· A.A. degree in the social sciences or health care related field and one year of relevant experience in the MH/MR field; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Requires the ability to lift carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with residents.
· Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
· May be required to possess a valid drivers' license and an acceptable driving record (contingent upon facility location and client and program needs).
· May require crisis intervention in emergency situations.
· May be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather.
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more.
To be considered an applicant, please you can apply at www.hhinc.org and click on the careers tab.
Horizon House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer • M/F/Veteran/ Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity