NAFI New York is a multi-service agency that provides programming and individualized support services to youth and families in a variety of settings across New York State. Our core services include foster care, wraparound programming and ground-breaking, evidence based services for families in their homes and communities. We take a respectful and dignified approach to all care services, with the mission of emphasizing the uniqueness of each person, their strengths and their hopes and aspirations.
The Nassau Family Wraparound Program is a short-term comprehensive General Preventive Services program that focuses on the following areas of the Child and Family Services Continuum: community supports; early interventions; home-based responses; and post-placement re-integration for children who have been adopted, are in Article X placements, or re-entering the community following residential and foster care placements. The Program uses a family preservation model as the basis for the program and adds a strong clinical component for family and individual treatment. All Wraparound program services take place within the community and include case management, in-home therapy, and respite services.
Nassau Family Wraparound seeks a dynamic, experienced Therapist with:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or counseling related field with a valid NYS Social Work, Family Therapy or Counseling license; and
- Equivalent combination of education and experience supervising and supporting similar program populations
- Drive the Family Service Plan and monitor progress towards service/treatment goals.
- Take the lead in working with the caretakers and/or birth parents to help them develop new parenting strategies and communicate more effectively with the children in their care.
- Provide individual counseling to families and youth in the program in the home as it relates to service goals, and monitors casework contacts to ensure that the program meets contractual obligations.
- Facilitate in-office groups and participates in the after-hours crisis response rotation.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have own vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Nassau County and to travel periodically to offices in Orange County, Westchester County, and other locations as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
NAFI New York is a multi-service agency that provides programming and individualized support services to youth and families in a variety of settings across New York State. NAFI NY offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. We provide environments that allow for creativity, a sense of empowerment and many opportunities for advancement, including clinical supervision hours for eligible employees. Training and advancement opportunities have resulted in employees turning their job with NAFI NY into a rewarding career. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate the diversity of our clients and staff. EOE
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.