The Nassau Family Wraparound Program is a short term comprehensive General Preventive Services program that focuses on the following areas of the Child and Family Services Continuum: community supports; early interventions; home-based responses; and post-placement re-integration for children who have been adopted, are in Article X placements, or re-entering the community following residential and foster care placements. The Program uses a family preservation model as the basis for the program and adds a strong clinical component for family and individual treatment. All Wraparound program services take place within the community and include case management, in-home therapy, and respite services. EOE.
The Family Wraparound seeks a dynamic, experienced FAMILY SERVICE WORKER with:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; and/or
• Two to three years related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with troubled and/or delinquent adolescents preferred
• Provide support and guidance to the program families and youth around service plan goals
• Primarily responsible for providing linkages to community services to the family to ensure that they receive benefits, entitlements and needed services
• Assist with the 24-hour crisis response on a rotation basis
• Provide individual counseling to youth in the program as it relates to service goals
• Assists with group activities, with child care during support groups, and with respite, tutoring and mentoring when needed.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license, have own vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Nassau County and to travel periodically to offices in Orange County, Westchester County, and other locations as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
Salary: $35,000 - $45,000
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.