The Orange County Family Wraparound Program is a short term comprehensive General Preventive Services program that focuses on the following areas of the Child and Family Services Continuum: community supports; early interventions; home-based responses; and post-placement re-integration for children who have been adopted, are in Article X placements, or re-entering the community following residential and foster care placements. The Program uses a family preservation model as the basis for the program and adds a strong clinical component for family and individual treatment. All Wraparound program services take place within the community and include case management, in-home therapy, and respite services.
Orange Family Wraparound seeks a dynamic, experienced CLINICIAN with:
• A Master’s Degree in Social Work or counseling related field with a valid NYS Social Work or Counseling license (Or Permit); and
• Equivalent combination of education and experience supervising and supporting similar program populations
• Drive the Family Service Plan and monitor progress towards service/treatment goals.
• Take the lead in working with the caretakers and/or birth parents to help them develop new parenting strategies and communicate more effectively with the children in their care.
• Provide individual counseling to families and youth in the program in the home as it relates to service goals, and monitors casework contacts to ensure that the program meets contractual obligations.
• Facilitate in-office groups and participates in the after-hours crisis response rotation.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license, have own vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Orange County and to travel periodically to offices in Nassau County, Westchester County, and other locations as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
NAFI NY is committed to the professional growth of its staff through ongoing training and development initiatives. EOE