GROUND STUDIO is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey, Napa and Santa Barbara. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit our website for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Landscape Architect / Lead Planting Designer to join our office in beautiful Monterey. We are looking for designers who are driven, passionate about their work, deadline oriented, articulate, and responsive to a collaborative design environment. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation, insurance; medical, dental, vision, and term life, plus participation in a retirement (401k) plan and bonus program.
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/LEAD PLANTING DESIGNER - POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Lead Planting Designer for Ground Studio is responsible the seamless integration of the planting design with the overall vision for every project. The Lead Planting Designer makes decisions based on regional context that reflects the overall design intent of the project and is responsible for assisting Project Managers and Design Staff in the development of planting designs on all projects. They will consistently exhibit the following characteristics.
- Take the lead on planting designs on a wide range of projects from conceptual design through construction administration, including the production and presentation of planting plans
- Assume responsibility (with support) for the production, organization, coordination, and accuracy of planting presentations with sketches, flavor images and all presentation materials aligned with Ground Studio graphic standards
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of duties.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of landscape contractors and agency officials
- Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations
- Research and specify plant and tree materials, products and systems
- Attend job-site meetings, review plant layouts, issue supplemental instructions, review submittals and shop drawings during the Construction Administration phase
- Eventually coach and mentor Design Staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- MAC OSX – we are a MAC based office
- Vectorworks Landmark 2020 experience or an ability to learn this program quickly
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Design Suite
- Hand sketching and lettering
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- We prefer a Licensed Landscape Architect (California license preferred, but not required)
- Horticultural expertise with identifying, specifying and growing California Native and Mediterranean Native plant communities is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate related professional experience, including project management, design and detailing experience with an accomplished firm.
- Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to email@example.com.
- Include “Landscape Architect/Lead Planting Designer” in the subject line.
- No phone calls please.