GROUND STUDIO is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey, Napa and - coming soon - Santa Barbara. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit our website for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Project Manager/Landscape Architect to join our northern California offices in beautiful Monterey, Napa and – opening soon – Santa Barbara. We are looking for designers who are driven, passionate about their work, deadline oriented, articulate, and responsive to a collaborative design environment. This is a full time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation, insurance; medical, dental, vision, and term life, plus participation in a retirement (401k) plan and bonus program.
PROJECT MANAGER/LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
- Lead landscape architecture projects from conceptual design through construction administration, including management of sub-consultants and production staff
- Assume responsibility (with support) for the production, organization, coordination, and accuracy of all documents and presentation documents
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of duties.
- Lead multiple projects in various stages of development simultaneously and work cooperatively with the principal team to ensure design integrity and graphic consistency.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Manage project schedule, workflow, and anticipate required staff resources and delegate accordingly
- Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations
- Research and specify materials, products and systems
- Attend job-site meetings, issue supplemental instructions, review submittals and shop drawings during the Construction Administration phase
- Coach and mentor Design Staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
- Strong leadership and communication skills are essential to success in this position
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- MAC OSX – we are a MAC based office
- Vectorworks Landmark 2020 experience or an ability to learn this program quickly
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Design Suite
- Hand sketching and lettering
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture
- We prefer a Licensed Landscape Architect (California license preferred, but not required)
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate related professional experience, including project management, design and detailing experience with an accomplished firm.
- Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to email@example.com.
- Include “Project Manager/ Landscape Architect” in the subject line.
- Please indicate if you are applying for our Monterey, Napa, or Santa Barbara Office.
- No phone calls please.