Our Mission We partner with healthcare providers to maximize reimbursement from complex claims payers by having the best people, processes, products and performance.
We enable healthcare providers to do what they do best.
The Account Specialist performs all activities involved in the preparation, printing and retrieval of medical records and documents from various systems for the timely filing or re-adjudication of Motor Vehicle Accident claims by the Revenue Specialists as well as engaging the document management process for the purpose of processing Motor Vehicle Accident claims. The Account Specialist also helps support sending out and receiving company mail.
- Assist with document retrieval process for including but not limited to implant invoices, UB-04 documents, Explanations of Benefits, medical record components.
- Scan and upload documents received from client.
- Manual reporting to clients for records requested and received in support of recovery team.
- Manual updating of information in electronic HIS systems to support production processes and the MVA team.
- Manual review and reconciliation of ATB reports to locate accounts missing between both systems used to generate bills to EC.
- Locate, acquire, and store medical records from within client system.
- Assist in efficiently moving work through the department.
- Assist and cooperate with other departments.
- Use several systems to perform accurate and timely data entry.
- File and handle confidential documentation and patient health information (PHI).
- Collect outbound correspondence and mail out.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma required.
- 1 year of document control experience desired.
- Experience with electronic document management in a healthcare setting desired.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds while mailing out claims.
- Ability to walk to and from all designated collection areas to collect mail and carry or transport on a cart back to desk to be processed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Considerations and Prerequisites
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working under limited supervision, manage multiple tasks and prioritize assignments with limited time constraints.
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines for project completion.
- Ability to interact professionally at multiple levels within a client-oriented organization.
- Competent in MS Office Suite and Windows applications.
- General office environment; must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.