We are looking for an innovative Director of Data Integration, Business Intelligence, and Analytics to join our IT team!
The global church is quickly moving towards more digital ministry solutions. LifeWay is hitting the gas pedal and moving towards creating cutting edge, trustworthy resources for churches. Our next Director of Data Integration, BI, and Analytics will help lead us into this new season.
Do you have a passion to work with internal business leaders and IT staff to support data Owners / Stewards / Analysts in understanding data management processes and data quality procedures to ensure data integrity? Do you have a heart for equipping the local church?
As our Director of Data Integration, BI, and Analytics you will work closely with our CITO, LifeWay IT teams (tech.lifeway.com), and be responsible for implementing Lifeway’s data strategy, which includes: data architecture planning and execution, data operations (API, ETL development, data warehouse management), identifying current and future data needed to support the organization including governance over the business data, and providing business intelligence reporting.
As the Director of Data Integration, BI, and Analytics, you will understand the ongoing requirements of our business units and will help evolve our overall Data Strategy, Governance and BI/Analytics/Big Data ecosystem to support new tools and design shifts that enable the business to be successful in a high-growth environment. This includes short and long-term planning, staff management, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring an appropriate BI/data platform is delivered in a highly distributed, complex business environment.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders across multiple business units
- Serve as a consultant to help leaders define department KPIs
- Provide user-friendly, convenient BI tools and reports that facilitate fact-based decisions
- Work with business leadership, IT architectural and supporting teams to understand business requirements, develop an enterprise strategy for Data Platforms, Business Intelligence and develop a roadmap to implement this strategy
- Ensure development of the enterprise data repositories and data stores
- Direct planning and implementation of enterprise data management programs
- Oversee the management of the portfolio of data services
- Accountable for team integrity, product excellence, and communication
- Manage the service & solution delivery of the company’s enterprise visualization products, including reports and Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Manage teams responsible for software development and maintenance of data
- Oversee management of portfolio of enterprise data projects
- Effectively prioritize and oversee project management activities
- Develop and establish appropriate operating policies, technology standards and procedures to ensure security policy compliance of enterprise data
- Actively participate in both strategic planning and operational activities
- Effectively set and balance technology priorities and efficient IT operations across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar technical discipline
Advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience leading and fostering ongoing development of a team
- Advanced knowledge of ITSM concepts and processes
- 10+ years of professional experience in solution delivery, architecture, people management in data services domain
- 5+ years with tools that are used to implement BI/Analytics/Big Data solutions – Snowflake cloud data warehouse, Python, PowerBI, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Hadoop or similar
- 10+ years enterprise experience developing, deploying and maintaining data portfolios for technology solutions
- Strong fundamental knowledge of AGILE software development methodologies
- 5+ years implementing Oracle RDBMs solutions leveraging Oracle RAC technology
- Strong software engineering experience including: Service Oriented Architecture, n-tier
- 10+ years of progressive experience managing implementation / operations of enterprise applications
- 10+ years designing, modeling, developing and implementing enterprise level data stores in both applications and data mart/ data warehouse configurations
- 5+ years defining and managing data visualizations using tools and industry standard practices
- Experience in large, distributed business environments preferred