United Rentals, Inc. is an $8 billion dollar Fortune 500 organization and the largest equipment rental company in the world. The company has an integrated network of over 1,100 rental locations in 49 states, every Canadian province, and 11 in Europe. The company's 18,000+ employees serve construction and industrial customers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. Additional information about United Rentals is available at unitedrentals.com.
Responsible for processing nonexempt/exempt/union payroll and time entry associated with new hires, rehires, promotions, rate increases, tax information, employee deductions, direct deposits, bonuses, paid time off transactions, and garnishments.
Process/control the timely and accurate payroll input through the HR/Payroll/Time & Attendance systems.
- Ensure Federal and State labor regulations are followed.
- Ensure all schedules/deadlines established in order to effectively and efficiently process payroll are adhered to.
- Ensure department/union payroll output is prepared and delivered according to URI established schedules.
- Identify and notify branch management of missing time punches from the time and attendance system.
- Review approved hours in time and attendance system after the cut-off deadline and manually approve any remaining hours.
Review/respond to both internal/external customer service inquiries within department set guidelines
- Effectively communicate cross functionally with other company departments.
- Effectively address customer inquiries in a timely manner.
Ensure only authorized forms/information and controls which adhere to URI's Policies and Procedures/Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements are used to input/process through HR/Payroll.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee information.
- Maintain copies of all source material used to process changes according to Federal and URI filing/storage requirements
User controls and department support:
- Ensure applicable users and locations are assigned/terminated timely within time and attendance application.
- Ensure applicable users are assigned/terminated timely within payroll employee self-service application.
- Run ad hoc reports to support department and customer needs
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years payroll processing experience in a high transaction processing environment
- Experience with outsourced payroll applications/multi state processing
Other Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientated
- Good organizational skills and sense of urgency
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
We offer best in class package which includes medical, dental, & vision, 401K, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.