Program: The Jail Based Behavior Service (JBBS) Program is a state-funded program and is a collaboration between Intervention Services and North Range Behavioral Health as well as Weld County Jail. JBBS is designed to provide treatment for incarcerated individuals whose offenses are due to or influenced by the use of substances or by mental health problems, or a combination of both.
Position Summary: Delivers case management within a continuum of high to low intensity services to meet an individual's and/or family's comprehensive health needs through assessment, planning, communication, advocacy, education, identification of service resources and/or service facilitation. Secures resources and services for clients in the Weld County Jail with mild to severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders and challenges. Coordinates with internal as well as external supportive resources to deliver needed services to clients. Collaborates with peers and psychiatrist regarding services in response to treatment plan. Advocates and represents clients in federal, state and local agencies. Provides education and skill development to assist client in movement towards greater independence. Monitors clients to ensure stability and service engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services area from an accredited college or university required
- Valid Colorado driver's license required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired
- 2 years' experience working with individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder challenges in specific program area required
- Experience performing case management and/or advocacy
- Experience working with individuals who are or have been involved with the correctional and/or judicial system
- Mild to severe mental health and/or substance use disorders/disabilities and the recovery process.
- Professional and ethical guidelines as outlined by the State of Colorado.
- Community resources, agencies, and services.
- Motivational Interviewing process to engage clients in treatment/intervention approaches.
- Basic and routine computer programs and software.
- Basic and routine records maintenance and filing practices.
- Workplace policies and professionalism.
- Organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures.