Employment Status: Part time (36 hours, Sunday-Tuesday 6pm-6am)
Position Summary: Provides nursing services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders. Engages in clinical nursing assessment and problem identification, crisis intervention, case management, and individual, family and group therapy. Range of clinical nursing practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching and health education, emergency intervention, and other nursing services within professional scope of practice. Coordinates medical care and intervention with program staff and psychiatrist.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) from an accredited professional nursing program
- Active Colorado license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Certification in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing preferred
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) desired
- 2 years' nursing experience in the Behavioral Health field/program of application preferred
- Experience in coordinating behavioral health intervention plans and services with other agencies desired
- Mild to severe mental health and/or substance use disorders/disabilities and the recovery process.
- Professional and ethical guidelines as outlined by the State of Colorado.
- Basic and routine computer keyboarding, programs and software.
- Basic, routine, and advanced records maintenance and filing practices.
- Basic, routine, and advanced office management practices and operating procedures.
- Workplace policies and professionalism.
- Organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures.
- Effective de-escalation techniques.