SUMMARY: Provides an efficient, professional and caring environment for the health center. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
WAGE: $15.00 to start, with a move to $15.25 upon completing training. If you have an MA certificate, this opening rate moves to $15.25 an hour to start. We can also add .75 an hour to these rates for bilingual, Spanish speaking candidates who pass a short language proficiency test.
SCHEDULE: Typically, you will work 4 or 5 weekdays with an occasional Saturday shift as well. Most shifts are day shifts (8:45 am - 5 pm, but shifts may include an occasional day with a later start and later shift end around 7 pm. Additionally, Saturday shifts are often shorter (8:45 am to 3 pm, for example).
LOCATION: During training, you may work at many different sites. The possibility of commuting to various sites (with advance notice) should be expected.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school degree or equivalent. Applicant must have excellent customer service, communication, typing and organizational skills.
1. Duties, including answering phones, making appointments, filing and record keeping.
2. Perform client interviews and education as indicated.
3. Provide clients with basic lab testing.
4. Demonstrate excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
5. Monitor, order, maintain and dispense supplies and medications as appropriate.
6. Perform routine bookkeeping tasks. Have a complete understanding of grants and funding sources.
7. Have a thorough understanding of the Electronic Practice Management system.
8. Assist in routine health center maintenance.
9. Promote and maintain positive communication with clients, peers, managers, clinicians, and administration.
10. Perform any additional duties to ensure client satisfaction and promote health center success.
11. Able to enter lab work results in to the computer.