This is an exceptional opportunity to join a premier Global Health Economics & Reimbursement (GHER) team that is playing a key role in the success of our Surgical Structural Heart (SSH) therapies. As Specialist, Global Health Economics & Reimbursement you will assist in developing evidence based value propositions and implementing market access strategies to support our Surgical business unit. This position is based at the corporate headquarters in Irvine, California.
- Support Market Access strategies to enhance global patient access to Surgical therapies.
- Develop materials to demonstrate product value including economic models, value dossiers, and slide presentations.
- Conduct health services research to quantify the clinical and economic impact of Surgical therapies.
- Create and maintain resources for health economics field team to communicate product value and health economic data to payers and providers.
- Work with Public Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing and Clinical Affairs to develop compelling HEOR value propositions.
- Assist in creating US reimbursement strategies including educational assistance to customers (e.g., coding guides), determining reimbursement and coding limitations and opportunities and developing evidence to support enhanced reimbursement.
- Monitor changes in the external environment (health policy and regulatory) and advise senior leadership on threats and opportunities with suggested action plans.
- Ongoing review and evaluation of scientific literature relevant to the Surgical business.
- Bachelor’s degree + 3 years of experience in life science, health economics, health policy, or related field is required
- Understanding of key public and private payer policy infrastructure, payment methodologies, coding and coverage; health policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially presentation development.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Government Affairs staff) to provide insight into key market access issues.
- Previous experience in or strong working knowledge of medical device industry, especially with functional responsibility in health economics and reimbursement planning and program implementation.
- Experience working with customers (payers, hospitals and physicians), trade associations, professional and medical organizations and ability to develop mutually beneficial health economics and reimbursement strategies and tactics to support portfolio planning, commercialization, and sales/marketing objectives.
- Self-motivated and able to advance projects with limited supervision.
- Formal training or experience in health economics and/or outcomes research a strong plus.
- Domestic travel up to 10%.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MPH, PhD) is highly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of MedTech related Strategy, Marketing, and/or Health Economics and Reimbursement expertise is highly preferred.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.