The Enterprise Data Office (EDO) is committed to enabling business outcomes with consistent enterprise standards with master data management, data quality metrics, metadata management and visualization. The Staff BSA, Finance Data Domain will be responsible for implementing Sales 360 in support of the EDO vision. This role requires strong technical, business and analytical skills in the Finance data domain for requirement gathering, design, development, testing, administration, monitoring and dashboarding. You will work in close collaboration with Enterprise & Business stewards, Finance and Sales domain SMEs, Data Analysts, and Business System Analysts to assist, define, develop and ensure finance data warehouse/ data mart and report development & visualization are in adherence with established data management principles and architecture.
The primary responsibility of the Staff BSA is to lead the Sales 360 and finance data warehouse & analytics efforts. These activities include providing finance data governance support, finance data requirements gathering, design support and guidance on the conceptual, logical, and physical data models; supporting the creation of data models that conform to existing standards and conventions and create new standards where needed; and partnering with security team to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Finance data and business processes. Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize data domain, business processes and systems.
- Lead, identify, design and implement Finance data and analytics program and projects to meet finance data governance and business process requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of a conceptual data architecture framework, roadmap, and design standards for operational data stores (ODS), data warehousing, big data management, metadata management, and data quality management for finance domain.
- Support finance domain specific technology, applications and integration frameworks to build a strategy to integrate required data into an operational data stores (ODS) and data warehouse.
- Work closely with and provide requirement specifications to Data Architects, Data Engineers, ETL, and BI development staff to support optimization of overall design.
- Work closely with finance data stewards to create and maintain records on all data sources used for reporting which may include a data model, associated meta model, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies.
- Guide definition, development and maintenance of data standards, policies and practices; Guide the design of the data models, in alignment with the solution architecture, to ensure auditability of information assets.
- Support data architects for data modeling by designing data structures to support the growth and improved reporting functionality of the Data Warehouse and other data initiatives (OLTP, OLAP, Big Data, etc.).
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems & Mathematics or a related discipline
- 8+ years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management.
- 8+ years of Finance domain data experience.
- Experience having worked on a data warehouse projects such as Operational Data Store, data warehouse, data mart etc.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies & platforms, including database platforms, ETL tools, Business Intelligence (BI) tools, and SQL.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Experience building and maintaining key business relationships.
- Understanding of Embarcadero ER Studio or a comparable data modeling tool.
- Understanding of Data Governance and Metadata management.
- Understanding of industry standard frameworks, including DAMA, DMBOK, or Zachman Framework.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent documentation and interpersonal relationship skills, with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate to various levels of audience or to explain complex or technical matters in a manner suitable for non-technical audiences.
- Fluent in English.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems & Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Experience with cloud data technology implementation, preferably AWS.
- Experience with ETL development specifically using Informatica.
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) and Collibra.
- Knowledge of big data technologies like AWS data lake, Athena, Redshift.
- Certifications including ITIL, SCRUM, CDMP, or Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of configuration management and version control processes.
- Experience in the Medical Device industry.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.