The Principal Engineer is an exciting opportunity that will provides expertise, leadership, and guidance in the development, and manufacture of life-sustaining critical care capital equipment. This role will join Edwards Critical Care division that is innovating at a rapid pace and seeking a seasoned veteran to support the Operations Team.
Essential job functions include:
- Drive the development of highly complex manufacturing processes; Act as the technical SME for electronics design for manufacturability.
- Partner with R&D to identify opportunities to optimize/improve manufacturing processes including using engineering methods, (e.g., DFx, Black Belt) and employing technical design skills to provide design feedback on new products.
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on highly complex electronic assemblies best practices.
- Lead and establish highly complex project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to customer’s expectations, using project management tools (e.g., Project Plan, Risk Analysis, etc.).
- Experience in the design and development of digital/analog boards and systems.
- Experience in system-level design and architecture, including schematics and board development, system bring up and debugging.
- Experience with the manufacturing process and design rules for PCBA, Flex Circuitry, System on Chip, Molding, Batteries, Pneumatics, and other relevant medical technologies etc.
- Hands-on experience with sensor technologies and architecture.
- Able to analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 8 years of related experience; or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 7 years of related experience.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; Matlab, Spice, other simulation/modeling experience preferred.
- Familiarity with medical device regulations and governance documents (ISO13485, CFR820, IEC 60601-X).
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills,
- Ability to translate complex and technical information to all levels of the organizations.
- Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization while applying broad-based technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering.
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Expert understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels.
- Represents organization as key technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior external representatives on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to domestic contract manufacturers.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.