The Sr. Engineer will join an innovative R&D New Product Development Mechanical Engineering team to develop technologies and new product to meet clinical needs in the Critical Care space. Work within a highly motivated team where your impact will be immediately recognized. Apply your technical knowledge, clinical exposure and drive to help patients. Independently lead research, work closely with clinicians and external research partners and team up with Business Development and Marketing as we together create the future direction of our Critical Care business. We work in a fast-paced flexible environment where we immerse ourselves in the clinical environment and are passionate about what we do.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with clinical experts to evaluate and understand clinical needs
- Brainstorm, synthesize and analyze concepts either generated internally or through evaluation of external innovation and opportunities
- Problem solving and technical support
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to the design and development of components and device assemblies.
- Drive all aspects of the design and integration of the electro-mechanical components and sub-systems for new and innovative monitoring platform
- Lead root cause analysis and develop solutions for engineering problems at the component through system level.
- Work closely with cross functional team to understand needs, gather relevant feedback for concepts and methods and perform benchtop testing of early phase concepts
- Learn and build knowledge of competitive technologies as well as medical and biomedical developments related to our areas of focus in Critical Care
- Take concepts from needs to first human use
- Present/communicate findings to influence team/design/management
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and procedures. Generate written protocols, reports, and technical justifications/summaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 4+ years of professional experience or a Master’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years of professional experience.
- Must have 2+ years of professional mechanical design experience using SolidWorks or Creo
- Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
- Experience working in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and curiosity to learn new technical areas
- Need to be able to work with ambiguity and look for existing or new technologies to be applied in new ways
- Must be able to demonstrate strong hands-on skills and curiosity as an innovative problem solver
- Ability to translate complex and technical information to all levels of the organizations.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team is essential
- The candidate must also be comfortable interacting with leading Critical Care physicians as well as taking an active role in animal studies and clinical work in the OR/ICU environments.
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment with strong communication skills.
- Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills with ability to influence change
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.